Another finished vintage sweater! This one in record time too. (Only 8 months as opposed to 4 years. Huge improvement.) I purchased the pattern last year from Nostalgia Rules on Etsy as soon as I saw it. It was so unique and I loved the collar with matching cuffs. I don’t have much black in my wardrobe so I decided to make it up in the suggested color way using Knit Picks Palette fingering weight yarn in Black and White.
I rescaled the pattern a bit in the bust as my waist measurement matched the smallest size but my bust required a larger size. After I made the front and back my arm scythes were much larger than planned so I had to adjust the sleeve cap pattern to fit a bit better. I still had to do some stretching during blocking but they fit pretty well in the end.
One thing that I did not think too much about when I chose this pattern was just how many individual pieces were involved and how much seaming they were going to require. Always that awful, dreadful seaming in vintage knits! There’s ten pieces to this sweater: front, back, sleeves (x2), sleeve cuffs (x2), collar, collar tab, right dickie, and of course the left dickie. This is another reason I’m really proud of myself for finishing this all in less than a year while working on so many other things at the same time. Usually if there’s that much seaming it sits for at least a year before I even start to do any sewing.
Here is the finished sweater complete with black rhinestone buttons!